I popped into a few thrift and consignment shops last week and found mostly nothing special but there were a few things I really loved.
This waterfall desk is really great. With the veneer pattern being so nice, it should be back to working condition with a tung oil treatment and perhaps a bit of stain. The drawers were nicely dovetailed and I love the simplicity of the pulls.
A bamboo vanity! It's super 80s but I really like it and it was in excellent condition {with the exception of the bench seat}. It wasn't cheap though. The classic dresser to the left was very nice too, you can kind of see a sliver of it in the photo.
I fell in love with this hefty ash tray. I think it's the bright orange and white combined with the metal that I loved and it would be great for holding paper clips or keys at the front door.
These 70s lamps {I want to call it a chandelier lamp} with the hanging smoked glass disks make me really happy. Again, not cheap but in perfect condition.




That ashtray is awesome. And I could handle a dose of 80's if it looked like that vanity. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like the few things that you did find were pretty amazing. I mean that vanity?!
ReplyDeleteI love the lamp!
ReplyDeleteI really don't have an eye for spotting what would look good after some TLC so I have lots of admiration for those who do. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas
ReplyDeletePretty finds! Love the vanity.
ReplyDeletego for the glam
That vanity is soooo 80's but cool though.
ReplyDeleteI think A + O were doing limited edition line with the Schumacher fabric because they did buy yardage. I can't imagine how much they charged. Even with a 10 + 10 discount the cost per yd. was pretty high.
Rowena @ rolala loves
I live that piece in the second photo!
ReplyDelete