Two of the most unlikely companies were paired together for the Barneys Window display. Disney turned famous people from the fashion industry into cartoons. In some ways it was a terrible idea because, with the crowds, I stuck around for about 30 seconds and never really saw much before I got tired of being jostled and stepped on. I did get a short video though since timing both the video playing, and a gap in the crowd, to get some good photos would have taken a small miracle.
On the otherhand, evey time I think of one of the people saying, "Aye, aye, aye! We look like cartoons!" I can't help but laugh. {Does anyone else remember Kidd Video?}
![]() |
| Between the cartoon videos, there was this. There seemed to be a lot of this. |


I miss the old school displays I think.
ReplyDeleteHrrrm, that's a really interesting display concept. I don't know if it's necessarily the most festive but pretty unique
ReplyDeleteYou would like my friend, Sandy's blog. She just did a post on windows in NY
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youmaybewandering.com/2012/12/wednesday-wanderlust-christmas-in-new.html
I agree with Elizabeth, old school creativity for me.
OMG, I don't want to date myself, but I totally used to watch Kidd Video!
ReplyDelete