Boston is a tiny, tiny city in comparison to New York, LA and Montreal {and probably tons and tons of others}. It's also pedestrian scale - it's walkable and for the most part the buildings are fairly low.
Lately, I've been noticing giant things invading Boston - funny giant things. A few months ago it was the giant hammock on the greenway.
This fall I began taking a 3d computer modeling class at Massachusetts College of Art. The Fenway area isn't my favorite part of Boston but I have to say that the giant baby heads, by Spanish artist Antonio López García, I pass on the way to class make it worth the trip.
It's kind of hard to tell the scale in this photo but they are about 8 feet high by 5 feet wide, taller than me or any of the people I've seen posing by them for photos. More information is here.
{photos: jeanine}
No comments:
Post a Comment
I heart comments!