I have been regularly visiting the consignment shop where I purchased my Eames Chair. It is gigantic, everything is reasonably priced, and the owner and all the people that work there are fantastic. I'm glad I finally stopped in since in among the country-style items there were so many unexpectedly amazing finds.
I took some pictures of my favorite pieces. I have a problem with chairs. I think I like them too much.
A Baughman chair with 70s fabric.
As you can see there are plenty of mid-century pieces and some other nice traditional furniture pieces like the wing-backs and the pair of black and gold Hollywood regency-ish chairs. It's hard to tell from the photo but they are in excellent condition and the fabric is a slightly sparkly {but not obnoxiously so} gold. When I was there the first time, two middle aged women were talking about reupholstering them and I had a moment where I thought I had to buy them to rescue them from a dull fate. How could they get rid of the sparkle!!
Perhaps I'm not normal.
{photos: jeanine}
No comments:
Post a Comment
I heart comments!