Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Chair

Yesterday I finally went to a consignment store I'd been thinking about going to for a year or two now {basically ever since it opened}.  I found this little red Eames-style chair, or so it was labeled.  I was thinking of using this on the barn project, assuming my sister agreed she liked it, since it would go well with the existing sofa.  When I spoke to her about it she said she left two of them on the curb a few years back {she got them for free at work and didn't have room for them when she moved} and made someone very happy.  I wish she'd told me that back then....

 

She wasn't sure she wanted to buy furniture for the barn yet but I couldn't stop thinking about the chair since yesterday so I figured I'd go back and get it for myself to use as a desk chair.  Originally I was thinking I would wait for a week to save $12.00 since it was only a knock-off and the price was scheduled to drop on the 13th {this is why I love consignment stores}, but all I was doing was thinking about the chair.  To stop the obsessing, I figured I'd just get it today.  When I turned it over to double check the price I saw the Herman Miller logo on the bottom.  It's very hard to see, but it's there.


It looks like I managed to get myself an Eames DAX chair.  It needs a bit of love, it's missing a foot and needs new upholstery.  The foot will be easy to fix and I'm considering tackling the upholstery myself once I find the perfect fabric for it.

I'll be sure to post pictures of it when I do.

{photos: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...