Thursday, January 23, 2014

Up!

The marquee letters in this Diesel window display have been everywhere, but in this simple display they have used decorative light bulbs, like this GE bulb, to make the glow more sparkly.  This display is actually on the end of a street I never visit but a friend mentioned being in love with the bulbs so I dragged myself over to see it on a cold, cold night.  I really like the effect.



Would you or have you used these bulbs?  They'd be great in sconces and decorative lighting.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun display! I like the glow these bulbs impart and think they would be fun for entertaining. I'm not sure I'd use them for every day since CFL are so much more cost efficient.

    I'm glad to hear you guys didn't get that much snow on Tues. Boston usually tends to get hit harder than NYC. This was this most we've gotten this winter. I haven't enjoyed snow much this winter since my ankle still isn't completely stable so I have to avoid being out on it when I can. And with the frigid temps I don't want to be out anyway. I plan on watching Emergency Couple when it begins this Fri. so I'll let you know how it is. What bad one are you watching? I haven't watched any for ages and just started I Needed Romance 3. I didn't like the 1st two but Kim So Yeon is the lead in this one so I just had to give it a go.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that these bulbs existed. I love the sparkle. There is a lot of blogging this week about bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really like marquee lights - I would totally have them in my house if I could find a good sign. The bulbs are so cool too!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...