Monday, September 9, 2013

American Hustle

The other week I had a cavity filled, and on the way home I stopped at a thrift shop in the area.  I spotted a few things that I became slightly obsessed with and thought I needed to have.  I walked out the door and then right back in to talk to the cranky checkout lady.  When I asked about a lucite chandelier hanging near the register, she immediately became my new best friend.

the chandelier I found

almost the same chandelier on One Kings Lane

The chain is a bit raggedy and it needs some cleaning but it will be a great chandelier some day.  And it has a story, apparently it was used on the set of American Hustle, a movie coming out the end of December, and then donated to the thrift shop along with these lamps and a ton of other items after filming.


So I guess having a cavity can sometimes lead to some good happening.  Now if only my dentist had put googly eyes on the tooth drawing he made for me.  That would have made the day perfect!

6 comments:

  1. You hit the mother load my friend! What a cool story. My stories that start 'I had to go to the dentist...' never end this well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when something good comes out of a less than fun experience. That chandelier is very cool!


    I like LMJ but her acting and her character in Big actually annoyed me. She was much better in Cyrano Agency - the original film that the drama was based on. T.O.P does act. He played an assassin in IRIS and he's also appeared in some films. The topless pics of him would be a joke because they don't exist. He's known to be notoriously shy and doesn't like to expose his body. I find that refreshing considering most idols are like the opposite. I think this is the first time I've heard you mention giving up on a drama. IiP must be really draggy. Did you watch Sherlock when it was on PBS? That's one of my favorite BBC productions. It's good to hear that you're liking your new situation more. Hope you were able to rest up over the weekend.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 'cranky' ladies or gentlemen always turn out ok when you stop to take interest. Love these, I hope you stayed until the Novocaine wore off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cool - did you end up getting it??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good story ... and when fun finds come with a story it is a double WIN! xo

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...