Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Local Fun

Last Friday I decided to become a tourist in my own city and take a Duck Boat Tour.  Despite being in or near the city for most of my life I have never done this, I have only quacked at the boats from the sidewalk.


I got to see the city from places I don't normally go, like the Charles River.  These are pretty much all of Boston's tall buildings.  We have three.


 The Hatch Shell and the Back Bay.


The water view toward the Citgo sign {it is unofficially a sort of sign for Fenway Park}.


The Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge.  I like to call it by it's whole name because it's a pretty fancy bridge and deserves a long title.  It is lit with blue lights at night and used to have a giant flag flying from it until the flag landed on a car below....


Carvings on the Salt and Pepper Bridge, aka the Longfellow Bridge.  It's falling apart which makes me feel really good because my train goes right across it twice a day.


Do you enjoy doing touristy things in your own city?  I had so much fun, I've decided to do it more often.

3 comments:

  1. Oh the pictures are gorgeous Jeanine - looks like beautiful weather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing tourist in your own city can actually be quite fun! And it's nice to get a different perspective from the water. We have Duck Boat tours in NYC too. I have a friend who used to be a guide. We've done the Circle Line tour around Manhattan.

    We've been pretty lucky with the weather this summer which is why I kind of don't want it to end. I prefer J. Crew when it's on sale too. The news about my ankle was pretty much what I expected and I was relieved it wasn't worse. Thanks for your support! Good luck with you allergy test!

    I think apples might be the new polka dot. I've been seeing more items with apple prints lately as well. I probably have too much time on my hands but I just know who I like and don't like from the dramas/variety shows I watch. I'm anti-idol because of the whole system there that "manufactures" them. Alot of times, they're not even talented and they run around in skimpy clothing (females & males). And they get cast in dramas over people who can act just because they're "popular" Hope your chat with cute bunny works out. Your tomatoes must be too yummy for him to resist. Is there any way for you to fortify the fence?

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so interesting, Ive never been there! Thanks for bringing us along.
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...