Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lamps

Every few weeks {or months?} Pottery Barn sends me a catalog.  I generally put it in the magazine file where I keep all my design resources, replacing the earlier version without much more than a glance.  I have to admit that I don't generally have the time to look through all of the catalogs I get until I need something from them.  And I generally look at Pottery Barn for accessories when I'm working on beach houses or need frames that are fancier than IKEA but not custom.  This time, a few lamps on the back of the catalog caught my eye.

My favorite is the first one below but I really like that these lamps all have a nice amount of detail to them {I think the first and last could use different, more complementary shades}.

Lotus Flower Table Lamp

Rowan Carved Wood Lamp

Geena Table Lamp

Do you have a system for magazines?  Have you taken yourself off all the lists so you aren't inundated?  Do you love carved things as much as I do?

7 comments:

  1. I actually unsubscribed from a bunch of catalog mailing lists and let a couple of magazine subscriptions lapse just cause I was tired of having to recycle them out every few months when they piled up. We have a side table/cabinet that doubles as my magazine storage that's been much cleaner lately :)

    I probably won't watch another melo for a long time now. LSG's drama is actually a fusion fantasy saeguk so I think that'll keep it interesting. The only saeguk I've watched is Jewel in the Palace and that was excellent but they're generally not my cup of tea either. LSG's performance was helped by such a strong co-star in K2H, I hope he doesn't regress just cause he has to carry Suzy (Jang Ma Ri in Big) whose acting skills are pretty lacking. My current drama will probably ruin others for me just cause the performance from both leads have been just that good. FBND looks cute. I think Park Shin Hye is adorable. I actually wished for her to be the lead in LSG's new drama cause she'd make a great plucky heroine.

    Hope your week is off to a fantastic start!
    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes they come up with great products... great images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to take lessons from you my friend! Good system!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a true magazine junkie and a terrible hoarder, so I have my mags scattered pretty much all over the space :) I love going back to older issues for a new perspective and new inspiration. But I'm really in a desperate need of some functioning organizing system! Oh, and I love that first lamp, it looks amazing!

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lamps in the last photo are my favorite! I let my magazines pile up by my bedside for way too long until I eventually recycle most of them...I definitely need to find a better way to store them and save them!

    go for the glam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cherish every scrap of mail that I get at my new address that is not an AT&T flyer for U-verse. I still haven't gotten over how awesome it is to receive mail and am going to be super bummed when they stop Saturday delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous.. the lotus lamp is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...