Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Making Lemonade

You know the saying about making lemonade out of lemons?  Well I'm working on it.  I mentioned last week that my commute was long and difficult, and I want to spend the days, or at least the weekends, hiding in bed {as shown in the dramatic re-enactment below}, or catching up on sleep.

This is actually the situation I encounter every time I change the sheets.

Fortunately, for my sanity, I decided that since I am working next to the design center, I'd go see what was new.  I found the new Jonathan Adler line of fabrics for Kravet.  The exuberant use of color in this line was a sure way to snap me out of a cranky mood.



I'm considering using the middle fabric below to make a slipcover for a chair I want to reupholster.  It's actually fairly reasonably priced, and then I can do it myself.

  
Duralee is another place I like to stop for cheerful prints and bright colors {I was obviously in no mood for neutrals on this visit}.



This lab print just plain makes me happy.  It comes in yellow, chocolate, and black too!


What do you do when you are cranky or stuck in a place that drains you of all your energy?

3 comments:

  1. My husband has a very long commute and HATES it. It's not a total deal breaker but I don't know how much longer he can take it without some monetary incentive. That is so hilarious about your cat in the sheets. haha! Cats are so weird and I love it! Ours is just so entertaining. That first picture of the J Adler fabric left me speechless. UGh I LOVE! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're still hanging in there. I love the photo of your kitty in the sheets :) I'm so out of what's going on in design since I no longer work in the industry. The Duralee prints looks so fun and fresh.

    It sounds like you are in need of something that makes you happy to re-energize you but I hope you're managing to get adequate rest during the week. Snow always looks so much prettier on film. The snow we've gotten in NYC has just been ugly this winter. I actually started watching That Winter, The Wind Blos over the weekend cause it was too cold to go out. I usually hate melos but I'm hooked on this one. It's definitely not happy but it's emotionally gripping and there's good character development. The leads are really good and it's visually stunning. I'm in love with the way they've filmed and framed the shot. And in watching 11 eps. I only teared up 2.5 times.

    I buy the aburage (tofu pouches) from the Japanese or Korean market. They're pre-made. Maybe you find them yummy cause they're fried? ;) I thought dumplings were hard to make at first but you just have to get the hang of crimping and folding them at the same time. You have to press them together real tight so they don't open. We also seal ours with an egg white wash.

    I thought I was the only one who had a thing for polka dots. They are my second most worn pattern after stripes.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanine, the way I handle being down is by eating and online shopping. It's a terribly lethal combination - I don't recommend it. A nap would probably be preferable - I think you're onto something

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...