Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Het Arresthuis

I haven't posted about hotels in a while, but I fell in love with the exterior of this Dutch hotel, Het Arresthuis, with it's stepped gable and striking black and white facade, and wanted to share. 

via Dezeen

It's built out of an old prison, and each guestroom is a prison cell.  I have to say, if the architecture is original to the prison, Dutch prison cells are spacious and have amazing ceilings.

via Dezeen

via Dezeen

Here's a random fact for you: I took a semester of Dutch language in college.  It's a pretty fun one to learn, I have to say.  Have any of you taken time to learn any languages you'll probably rarely, if ever, use?

2 comments:

  1. It would be pretty interesting to stay at a hotel that was once a prison but they've certainly made the rooms look nice. And what is with the cells being so spacious. We always make fun of how prison is depicted in K-dramas/movies cause it always looks like an attic or office space where people just sit around on the floor ;p

    I love that your bunny was called Cute Bunny! When they're cute they can get away with murder haha. I go through phases where I love certain flavors. Most recently it was ponzu sauce and before that it was a mix of Siracha with Japanese mayo which I called smayo. Thanks! I like to try your gochujang recipe! I'm probably gonna pass on Sparkling just cause I know I can't take shows more than 20 eps. I generally prefer Asian series cause they move the plot along quickly and end. I would really like to get back all the time I spent watching Lost. You don't seem like the type to watch Real Housewives. I've never seen it but those women scare me. Let me know if you have an easier time with it if you end up watching RM with JC.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super chic hotel! I stayed in a pretty posh one in London but nothing like this

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...