Friday, March 8, 2013

Hermes Hay Feeder Window Display

I actually had a nightmare about these Hermes windows from last fall so I put off posting them. {Okay, that's not why but I did actually dream I was trapped in one of those things.}

I believe these are hay feeders like you would find for horses, but correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm truly not sure how I feel about them.  They are not bad windows and you can see that a lot of effort went into them {and they certainly are unique}, but they aren't as exciting as I would want them to be for a place that sells $50,000 handbags.  Sometimes I walk by and I feel like I just don't "get" Hermes but then I remember how much I liked the style and simplicity of the Madison Ave windows last spring so maybe I'm just not connecting with the windows lately.





In the last post on the Hermes windows, I was talking about how cluttered the tiny windows were and how much potential they had.  Well, they are much simpler now and they also have colored LEDs, or colored lenses over some sort of light, so at night they are lit all fancily.


The products are a little bit lost in these displays but the backdrop is the same as in the larger, so at least they are tied to the other windows.



So, what do you think?  Do you love them?  Are you indifferent, as I am?

5 comments:

  1. That looks dangerous. Sometimes, most of the time, I just don't get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These just don't look like the windows of a luxury brand to me. I'm not sure what a hay feeder looks like but that thing has a menacing look. No wonder you had a nightmare about it.

    Hope you got that offer and it's great :) Be careful with the snow. We're only supposed to get about 4' in NYC. We've really been spared this winter. It can be tricky to look stylish while trying to stay warm. I've learned that thin layers can help but warmth usually wins over style for me.

    We've become addicted to Running Man. I don't even watch dramas anymore cause I love variety more. We started watching Infinite Challenge recently as well. It's totally absurd but hilarious and I might have a crush on Yoo Jae Suk - the main MC with the glasses on RM. I like people who make me laugh :)

    Enjoy your weekend Jeanine!
    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Linda and Rowena - not the best they could do I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what that could be (but your guess is a good one). I'm with all of you- meh (especially for the prices.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I don't think I've ever seen hay feeders that actually look like that but they certainly do look very aggressive - I can understand the nightmares

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...