Monday, January 14, 2013

Thrifting :: Bungalow 5 Edition

For my trips to Manhattan, I have always driven into the city and parked and then driven out.  Part of this is that it is super expensive to take the Amtrak train all the way.  Part of it is because I always thought, "What if I find something large that I want to fit in my {small} car?"

The last trip I was sick beforehand, so sick that I figured I'd only go if I woke up at 3:30 am {with no alarm} and felt well enough to go down.  I did wake up on time, but I was tired and recovering so I stopped at a random train station in Connecticut and took the train in.  At one point I walked by a thrift shop, decided to see what they had inside, and found these.....

Brigitte 3-Drawer Side Table

Harlow 1-Drawer Side Table

Paramount 3-Drawer Side Table

Add caption

Hourglass Stool/Side Table

It is like a whole Bungalow 5 sample sale.  Needless to say, none of these were hauled back to Grand Central and the random Connecticut train station I came in from, but they could be a serious score for someone.

5 comments:

  1. Email me, what store was this and how great were the prices? Are you sure this was a Thrift shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are amazing pieces....wish I lived so I could check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep those are some pretty awesome finds. I'm sure it would be okay though - I've seen stranger stuff on the subways :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bungalow 5 at the thrift store? That WOULD be a score!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's pretty incredible to find Bungalow 5 pieces at a thrift store. At least you have a car. Small hauling is better than no hauling :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves
    Enter my Shabby Apple Necklace Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...