Monday, January 28, 2013

Laminated

A lot of my work these days is designing offices where cheap and fast is the name of the game.  Laminate is both the bane of my existence and something that can make me very, very happy.  There are a lot of bad styles and patterns that need to be retired, but with a bit of searching you can find some that are actually nice.

I happened to hear a story on the radio last week that mentioned it is the 100th anniversary of Formica about the same time I took this snapshot of some laminate {and the shiny, modern pulls} that I loved.  I mentioned this project previously in a post about the finishes that got away, and this is what we wound up using.  There's no high-gloss, but I'm loving the cross hatch pattern on the door fronts.

the lunch room

The rest of the office is light and bright with of my favorite corporate office carpets {this is the shot from the carpet company below}.


It's nice when a project turns out well, and it really helps when you have an excellent client.

What do you think, could you live with this acid green carpet?  It was pretty controversial when it was proposed but is pretty subtle on the floor.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the carpet actually - it's a subtle touch but makes it look very different from the typical office flooring crud

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that carpet. I also like laminate in the right setting. That cabinet hardware is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think all laminate is bad. We have laminate doors on our kitchen cabinets in a really pretty blue color. I quite like the cross hatch action in that one you posted and those pull as well. I could totally live with this carpet. I think its better then your usual office drab. We got Flor carpet tiles for our bedroom years ago and I always wish that I had gone with something with more color pop than something neutral.

    LOL at being a fruit segregationist :) I'm kind of that way too. The beet salad had ricotta, nuts and herbs. I've always found my hair is harder to style when it's longer.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the carpet.. the pop of neon adds personality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd hang that carpet in my HOUSE let alone an office. Good work my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...