Monday, December 17, 2012

J Crew Holiday Window Display

Sorry about the long absence, my laptop is temporarily broken so I took a bit of a break since it's hard to type on an ipod.  I finally got a tablet to use in the meantime but it's really only good for simple tasks.  I went down to take photos of the window displays in Manhattan this past weekend {and went through a lot to actually get photos of the windows through the crowds} so I will work hard to try to get them posted by Christmas.

I like this very simple holiday background by J. Crew {I actually think there is a similar display I took at a Boston location but I can't confirm until my computer has been repaired}.  It looks to be made entirely of gift tags but if you look closely, the wreaths are made mostly of construction paper with some colored gift tags added.




Also, for those wondering, I used the HDR action on the Photoshop app, so the colors are not actually this bright in real life.  I just use that to cover up my bad photography.

5 comments:

  1. This is the one I saw in NJ. It looks cool, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this too. I liked the use of the tags and colored paper. I hope they will get recycled somehow after the holidays.

    Hope you had a good and productive trip into NYC.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wreath. We are hoping to check out all the christmas displays on 5th ave soon.. last year they did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How simple and classic - I like it. I haven't gotten around to the big stores this Christmas (avoiding traffic) but that does mean I am missing out on some great Christmas window displays.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...