Thursday, December 20, 2012

Bergdorf Goodman's Holiday Window

I'm going to let these windows, from Bergdorf Goodman, mostly stand for themselves rather than babble on about them. I will say that I love all the detail and work that has obviously gone into putting these window together.

There were five windows, showing five different acts, in the windows along 5th Ave.  These were my favorite and the most detailed.

Act 2 :: Naughty and Nice

Act 1 :: By Request

Act III :: A Cast of Thousands

Act V :: Showgirls

Act IV :: Daredevil


Along 58th Street were simpler windows showing snapshots of performances.


I wish I had a closeup of this seal below.  It was actually made out of tiny 1"x1" {probably} mosaic tiles.



The windows on 57th Street show the theatre, but focus on the drama that happens in the seats and backstage, rather than on stage.






If you care to read more about the windows, you can take a look at the store's blog.  They actually have the wrong tags on their photos or the wrong descriptions for the acts so I did my best to get them labeled as correctly as I could.

5 comments:

  1. The first few remind me of the most recent Great Gatsby movie. I wonder how long it took them to create and put together these displays...

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous.. I can't wait to go check them out for myself on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could these be any more gorgeous? I love the ones of the audience.

    xo Olivia
    go for the glam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love be a fly on the wall for the planning meetings on these windows. The amount of work and detail is just amazing. I had one of my near rage eps. by these windows cause there were always selfish peeps who just lingered there while other people were obviously waiting to take pics. I should've just saved myself the trouble and borrowed BG's photos ;p

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "showgirls" one. Have you ever watched the television specials they run on the making of these windows? They start almost the day after Christmas for next year.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...