Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Barney's New York Holiday Window Display

Two of the most unlikely companies were paired together for the Barneys Window display.  Disney turned famous people from the fashion industry into cartoons. In some ways it was a terrible idea because, with the crowds, I stuck around for about 30 seconds and never really saw much before I got tired of being jostled and stepped on.  I did get a short video though since timing both the video playing, and a gap in the crowd, to get some good photos would have taken a small miracle.

On the otherhand, evey time I think of one of the people saying, "Aye, aye, aye!  We look like cartoons!" I can't  help but laugh.  {Does anyone else remember Kidd Video?}


Between the cartoon videos, there was this.  There seemed to be a lot of this.


4 comments:

  1. Hrrrm, that's a really interesting display concept. I don't know if it's necessarily the most festive but pretty unique

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would like my friend, Sandy's blog. She just did a post on windows in NY
    http://www.youmaybewandering.com/2012/12/wednesday-wanderlust-christmas-in-new.html
    I agree with Elizabeth, old school creativity for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I don't want to date myself, but I totally used to watch Kidd Video!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...