Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Thrifting :: Tons of Furniture Edition

I found a bunch of great furniture on my last trip out.  It's actually from two thrift and one consignment shop - I've been busy.

This evil cat looks familiar and makes me happy to look at.  I almost got it for my niece but this was a new consignment shop for me and their prices were at the top of what I would pay for things {new} and I already have Christmas presents.


There's something about curled wicker that draws me in.  I have some end tables with the curved wicker curlicues but my last cat used to work really hard to bite them off {she didn't ever even scratch things but she really wanted the nibbly bits on the wicker dead} so I hid them.  I'll have to drag them out and use them again.


These chairs are quite nice - I think there was a whole set of 6 which is a rare thing it seems.  They'd be nice with the wood refinished or painted and some new seat fabric.


This is an amazing sofa below.  The curved lines, the rolled arms that go straight into the rolled back, the deep tufting.  Contrary to what the picture shows, it's a deep deep red which is a great color.  It's so gross that I itched for two hours after seeing it, but if I needed a sofa I'd buy it and throw the cushions away and rip the fabric and foam off while it waited for reupholstering.  I'm super happy with my own sofa though so this will wait for someone else.


11 comments:

  1. I have been sofa hunting for what feels like years. I just can't find the right vintage looking one. This one is nice, but I understand about the "itchy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sofa is a honey. Hopefully someone takes it and gives it a good disinfecting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I love the wicker headboard. And thanks for the tip of LA having a DIY section to make her lamps. Totally checking that out....you probably need DIY talents that may be out of my league. But it would be amazing if I could do it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHH - i had that very same headboard for a hot minute. embarrassingly enough, i found it on the side of the road at the beach. i tried so hard to make it work and it wouldnt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom, sister and I went antiquing this weekend for fun and my mom kept asking - who would want all this old stuff? People with an eye, that's who. Unfortunately I wasn't born with it but maybe you can help train me for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find the coolest things on your thrifting trips. That sofa made me itch just from the photo but it's a great style. We're actually looking for a similar style. Thanks for the advice btw! I'm not sure how patient we can be though as we waited through the summer for our elevators to be renovated and we really need a new couch before we can have company over for the holidays.

    Rowena @ rolala loves
    Enter my Blogiversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shape of that couch is absolutely gorgeous! Hope someone gives it some love :) Great finds!

    go for the glam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sofa is fabulous. I also would have had a hard time walking away from the chairs. These stores are so well stocked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cat case!!! And thank you for the compliment of my studio! I do enjoy a lot taking pictures in my garage as it saves a lot of traveling time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have nominated your blog for a Liebster Award on my blog

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...