Monday, October 29, 2012

Paper Source - Flower Puff Ball Window Display

I found this flower puff ball in the window of Paper Source one evening.  It was surrounded by the tissue paper puff ball ornaments found everywhere for the last few years so it really stood out from the crowd. 


I find paper folding calming so I think this would be fun to make and after thinking about it I realized I pinned instructions on how to make it a while ago.  There is a tutorial on how to make the Kusudama origami flowers on the Folding Trees website.  The instructions on how to attach them to make a ball or ornament is here.  It actually looks like a lot of fun!

Has anyone ever made these?  I'm thinking they might be fun to make for the holidays or perhaps if the power goes out with the storm today.

9 comments:

  1. You and I have the same idea. I just thought, this will be a good project to do by candlelight when the power goes out from Sandy. I better print the directions now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made these during the power outage. I found a more user friendly tutorial...they are cute.

      Delete
  2. I actually took a paper folding class (on the weekend like a super dork) when I was younger. Stay safe in the storm Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried paper folding before. But, you are right, this may be the time to try it. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks cool. We still have power.. hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are staying safe and dry. This looks so cool to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! This is such a gorgeous idea for decor, I used to learn a lot of origami from my grandma! She was really crafty! Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They always have the best decorations... Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...