Monday, October 15, 2012

Paint By Numbers Painting

A few weeks back, I posted about a Neiman Marcus paint-by-numbers window display that I had enjoyed.  I also think I mentioned a painting of an incomplete paint-by-numbers canvas that I had spotted on a Nordstrom wall.

I was there the other night looking for that day-glow red-orange sweater I mentioned and snapped a photo since all the sales people seemed to be too busy talking to each other to help customers.  {Never leave me alone in your store, I come wielding a camera}.


It's a pretty neat canvas with the mother and child completed but the background only half done.  It also appeals to the side of me that takes on too much because it shows me that incomplete can be done well.  Or maybe I'm just reaching for excuses.

What do you think?  Would you prefer it if the painting was completed or do you prefer the unfinished paint-by-numbers look?

10 comments:

  1. I have a decent size collection of PBN's and have never thought about the unfinished ones. It is kinda cool. I think I might look for a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super interesting. It's really cool and original how it isn't fully painted. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's interesting left incomplete - there's a sort of arrested in action component and you wouldn't get that feel if it was finished

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like it unfinished better.. it keeps the focus on what is most important, the mother and child

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometime when I look at paintings, I feel that some of them speak to me and this canvas is definitely one of them!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this painting! It's super unique and I think it's awesome that it looks "unfinished"
    :)
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you know I'm a fan of the paint-by-number look. There's just something fun and nostalgic about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the fact that it's unfinished actually adds to the charm of this painting. I like taking stealth photos too :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...