Monday, September 17, 2012

Os Gemeos

Recently, this mural sprung up in Boston by Brazilian artists Os Gemeos in partnership with the ICA.  I think it's supposed to be a small child with a sweatshirt wrapped around his head.


People seem to have mixed feelings about it but I actually am happy it's there.  It's a nice backdrop for the food trucks and farmers market that live right about where I was standing to take the photo {the plants in front are a teaching garden}.  I spend time in neighboring buildings and find it nice how bright it is peeking though the windows of the buildings.  It's definitely not a very typical "Boston" thing but perhaps that's why I like to see it.

What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. Is it on a building? (are those doors on the lower right and left?) I think it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's on the side of a brick building and it's about 70' high so it's pretty huge.

      Delete
  2. It's definitely interesting/unique and I love the colors - but I can see why people have mixed feelings.

    go for the glam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really fun - it's like there's a Simpsons character wrapped up in there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I see that too. Or perhaps Stewie? Maybe that's just because the head sticking out is slightly reminiscent of a football.

      Delete
  4. I love it. I like Os Gemeos and have yet to see any of their work in real life. need to go to Brazil! soon!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know... It looks a bit creepy to me... Hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool!! I used to live in Boston and yes...not your typical thing you see there....I like it. I'm here from My Crafty Home life. I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so not a Boston thing and it's so huge, you really can't pretend it's not there.

      Delete
  7. WOW!!!!!!!! This is a stunning piece of art!! Love it!


    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you from My Crafty Home Life ... I live right outside Boston ... I have to get into town and see this! i am certain it is quite a conversation piece! Look forward to following more of what you are out and about seeing in Boston! xo

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...