Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hermes Summer Window Display

A while back, when I saw the Hermes store on Madison Avenue did a great job with their windows I complained a bit about their lack of attention to all their shops {specifically Boston}. I was right and I was wrong.  I actually did take a walk down at lunch a few months ago to check things out - I mentioned it last week in a post but then realized I had never posted the photos.

These windows are a bit cutesy, not as simple as the ones in New York.  That's not to say it's bad, just different and a bit more cluttered.



I do like Mr. Squid.


What I was remembering about the windows were these tiny ones.  They are a bit cluttered and I'm not sure what kid's toys have to do with ties or pottery.  Any ideas?



A local jewelry store, Shreve Crump & Low, used to do amazing things with their tiny window displays, I wish I had taken some photos back then since they've moved and no longer have the same type of windows.

2 comments:

  1. i love looking at window displays. At one time in my life, I wanted to design them. Alas, I now deconstruct and reconstruct my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cutesy doesn't really reflect the brand IMO but it's whimsical. Mr. squid reminds of the squid face in A Gentleman's Dignity. We blew through 6 eps. this past weekend. The historical dramas don't usually appeal to me so I'm on the fence about Arang but it's gotten good word of mouth. I'll let you know how it is if I do watch it.

    Madison Square Park is quite nice as a lunch spot even though it gets pretty crowded. I was actually at Schumacher for 4 yrs. overseeing custom contract orders before switching over to do marketing in the Waverly division which was stilled owned by Schumacher at that time. It was an okay place to work. I think it may be more "hip" now as a brand.

    I also find the styling with the scarves and pants tucked into boots feminine as well but you know that's how they roll in Asia :p I really admire his dedication. 1 Night 2 Days is actually a variety show with a fixed celebrity cast that travels to different locales in Korea and introduces the sights. Along the way they have missions and challenges which determine whether they get to eat, sleep indoors, etc. (no joke!) You get some sense of what these people are really like and Lee Seung Gi is genuinely a very polite and good guy. He can also be quite dorky and clueless at times which I found endearing. I don't care for the lead actress from AGD because she was on there and totally cheated on a mission and that left a bad impression.

    I'm a little better this week thanks. Physical therapy has been painful since we're working on recovering the rotation on my shoulder and that's usually the last thing to come back.

    Hope your week is going well!
    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...