Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Red and Turquoise - Part II

So, after last week's post on the red and turquoise color combination, Herman Miller sent me this {they email me once a week, it was just a coincidence}.

via Herman Miller

The red is a bit more clean and the turquoise is a genuine turquoise {as opposed to the previous blue which was verging on teal}.  I still like it, maybe a bit more than the last.  I think part of the reason the colors above work so well is because of all the white, this allows the colors to breathe {I can't think of a better word for this} and be seen as an accent.

I always find it interesting to see everyone's opinion on colors since they are so personal and can cause such emotional reactions in people.  I was recently asked to propose an additional carpet for a project I'm working on.  The acid green and grey carpet being installed in the open areas, that over half the office preferred to the other option, caused such a violently negative reaction in those that didn't like it that they wanted to tone it down a bit. 

5 comments:

  1. I am loving red and turquoise. Since that post you did it's been a combination that I am looking forward to trying.

    As for Escada? It's a high-end fashion designer, prices rival St. John, Max Mara, and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that chair!
    wanna follow each other?
    ummm...cheers!

    http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mollie (the other co-author of go for the glam) has pops of red and turquoise in her bedroom and I think it's such a great combination!

    go for the glam 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colors together although I think I could more easily live with the pops of turquoise then the reds in my home. I understand how people can react to color...I don't think I could deal with acid green carpet either! :)
    :)
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!
    Win a $50 Giftcard from Mont Affair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poster really ties it all in for me. The combination here looks so fresh with the white.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...