Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Spiegel Kanteen Revisited

Three years ago, I posted about der Spiegel Kanteen in Germany.  Recently they moved to a new building and have a brand new kanteen designed by Ippolito Fleitz Group Identity Architects.  This lunchroom is more restrained than the last but still has tons of character.

photos via Dezeen - photographer Zooey Braun

photos via Dezeen - photographer Zooey Braun

photos via Dezeen - photographer Zooey Braun

photos via Dezeen - photographer Zooey Braun

Most of the action is on the ceiling where they managed to hide all the ugly bits and make it worth looking up.  I love the last three photos.

photos via Dezeen - photographer Zooey Braun

photos via Dezeen - photographer Zooey Braun

photos via Dezeen - photographer Zooey Braun

Working here would be like being in lunch heaven. The little kitchenette at the place I currently work is small enough to touch both walls at once. Someone once walked in on me while I was holding one cup under the espresso machine making coffee and and filling another cup with water from the water dispenser. I was fairly new at the time so I was a bit embarrassed - and even more when my, "we must never speak of this again", warning went unheeded. I think I have a multitasking problem, it's why I started watching foreign shows. If I don't know the language, I can't do anything else.

11 comments:

  1. Hi!
    It's an amazing space, I would love to lunch there as well!
    About your comment: yes, it was a bit hard to eat the salad, which has a lot of dressing in it, with spilling anything on my clothes xD but by the end of the night, which was when i took the pictures, my white clothes were still white! Now that I think of it, it was a little miracle on its own, wasn't it?

    My Own Project

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one stylish lunchroom! I think I would be constantly staring at that twinkly ceiling. I have a terrible habit of multi-tasking as well which my husband is constantly getting on me about. When we watch regular tv we always have to rewind the DVR cause I'm missing the dialogue. With K-dramas/J-dramas, I have no choice but to watch so I feel you on that.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly wouldn't have the same (lack of) space issues here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lunchroom?? Holy smokes. What does the rest of the workspace look like then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that ceiling looks amazing!!
    I would love for you to visit my blog sometime!!
    :)
    Allison

    P.S. Today is the LAST DAY of my INTERNATIONAL $75 Shopbop giveaway, so don't forget to enter if you haven't done so already! :)
    A's Fashion Files
    $75 Shopbop Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too funny! I can totally picture you doing two things at a time! Too funny :D

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really cool ceiling. My last kitchen was like then... I guess it was tiny enough to be a kitchenette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when companies put money into their dining rooms... Way better than eating at your desk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My current office had what was called a 'cloud' room where clouds were painted on the ceilings :) That was highlight, there was no cafeteria.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the sweet comment and I love checking out your cool interior design post! Guess you are busy lately! Will come back to visit again!! Wish you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...