Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Most. Ridiculous. Week. Ever

In the last 7 days {or 14, I can't keep track} I've managed to lose my only credit card, wake up late every single day, and get locked out of my Yahoo email account.  The credit card isn't a big deal and waking up late are annoying but can be dealt with, being locked out of my email that I use for applying for jobs and freelance work correspondence is pretty much the worst thing ever.  Yahoo won't even help me since I can't remember both of my security questions - although I know one and I am able to answer everything else correctly.  I know this is in part because of the security breach last week - which is why I changed my password late at night and thought it was a good idea to not write it down - I'd totally remember it in the morning.

If only I was an ear reader and knew that this position meant "write your password down, fool".


What I can't figure out is why, if someone broke in and stole millions of passwords, that person would be harassing "customer service" {using that term very loosely here} to get into an account.  There are so many easier targets.

Has anyone else had this happen to them or have any ideas?  I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in the world still using a Yahoo email address but just in case someone has run into the same thing, I'd love to hear it.  I have work contacts and emails that I now can't get to.

I now am planning on writing a letter and sending it snail mail {oh the irony} to the new C.E.O.  Hopefully she'll straighten things out.  I've never had trouble resetting a password on Google.....

I should be outside instead of inside typing password after password into the computer in hopes that one will work.  Here is what I'm missing.


And Yahoo, in case you Google yourself, please contact me.  Click the phone on the right.  --->

12 comments:

  1. oh no that is horrible! I can't even imagine.. I hope you are able to find a way to get it straigtened out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy!!! I am so sorry you are dealing with all that!! I have been waking up late every day this week too!!! Weird! I hope things get better for you. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :) xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when technology works against us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! It sucks that they let hackers into people's accounts, but they won't let in people who are the genuine owner. It's probably why they've had 5 CEOs in 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how annoying. I didn't even know that yahoo was having a breach issue. And it happens to me all the time "...oh come on, I will surely remember that- no need to write it down..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH no! Jeanine, I am so sorry to hear this has not been a good week. I read similar post today from another blog. Check out her post here and then you two can comiserate...

    http://thetinyheart.blogspot.com/2012/07/down-in-dumps.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. :( I wish that the next will be better <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that sounds bad. I'm sorry for you and I'm pretty sure that your next week will be awesome - it has to be! ;)

    Warm hugs,
    Joanna from THE VIOLIN STYLE

    PS. There's a giveaway on my blog - win 50$! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bessie was right, we both had really rough weeks! I don't know if you believe in astrology, but mercury is currently retrograde which basically means things are going to go wrong (especially if they deal with technology). You can read about it here:
    http://galadarling.com/article/how-to-survive-mercury-retrograde

    Hope things get better for you!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my Daisy Rae giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had read about that but having an article about how to survive it is even better than just knowing and suffering! Thank you!

      Delete
  10. I'm sorry that last week was so crappy Jeanine. The whole Yahoo mail thing is just ridiculous. They make it so hard to get in if you forget your password. I had something similar happen with Hotmail awhile back and it was so frustrating. I finally ended up figuring out my password cause I always use variations. Good luck and I hope you can recover access to your account soon if you haven't already.

    I'm glad to hear that the witch doctor was able to figure something that could help you and it's making you feel better. I think I might've just lost my taste for cold things. I picture how vertigo feels and it stops me.

    Yep I pictured those items in some house in the country in a K-drama where they're sitting around on the floor with a blanket. Bonus points for a heated floor :)

    Hope this week is way better!
    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG this really sucks!!! I don't know what I'll do if I can't check my email that's why I rarely change my password and if I do, I would most likely be like you and think that I would remember the password the next time I log in. Hopefully you are able to retrieve your password soon :)

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...