Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!

I hope everyone in the States has a great 4th!

I'm pretty excited that the city of Boston has finally done something about all the comment cards I stuffed in the suggestion boxes asking for more glitter in the city.  We got some!!!  Though the glitter panels are hung really high so I'm pretty sure it's to keep people from looking down and realizing how dirty the streets in Downtown Crossing really are.


The 4th of July is a pretty big deal in Boston and this year they brought pirate ships into the harbor.  Officially they are calling them the tall ships but to me, without their sails up, they look like someone will be walking the plank any minute.  If you look at the image below, you can also see the ugliest building in the whole city.  Can you guess which one it is?


Another pirate ship.  This one is trying to look inconspicuous outside the Intercontinental Hotel {I think that's which hotel this is}.


I'll conclude my photo tour of Boston with a condemned building.  There's actually another one on the water to the other side of the pedestrian bridge {right}  that I'm convinced will be the only piece of property in Boston that I can afford.  I was so busy watching the motorcycle cops do donuts in the street and then threaten to run down pedestrians on the sidewalk that I forgot to take a picture.


All joking aside, Boston is a pretty good place to spend the holiday and see the fireworks.  It's even better if you have a porch or a roof deck to see them from and don't have to watch crammed next to 250,000 of your closest friends.  Hope everyone has a great one!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July! I hope to visit Boston one day because there is so much history there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July!! Just from seeing your photos, I would love to visit Boston one day :). It so cool that they brought pirate ships over to celebrate this big day!!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Boston once.. really enjoyed it. Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...