Monday, July 9, 2012

Grow House Grow

I accidentally stopped putting up my ICFF and Kip's Bay images, but there's no time like the present to get back on track.

One thing I noticed at the ICFF was that there were a lot of hand drawn fabrics and wallcoverings.  Grow House Grow was one of these. If I remember the story correctly, they are actually illustrations of stories Kate Deedy's {the artist's} mother used to tell her growing up.


It makes things so much more meaningful than "I drew it because it's pretty" which is not wrong but just doesn't have a compelling story behind it.

6 comments:

  1. Loving the scale of the blue paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I agree a story behind the product or design just adds another dimension to it.. make it seem so much more special and personal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are definitely pretty and I could see them as prints on clothing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an interesting use of hand drawn fabrics! My mom loves to use that type of fabric for home decor, especially window treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog is really great <3 I love it <3 may we can follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely agree with you, when a drawing or just anything has a story behind it, this just make them a lot more valuable and meaningful. Whenever I am seeking for more inspiration, aside from checking out different fashion websites, your blog is one of my source of inspiration. Love the prints in grow house grow collection! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...