Friday, June 22, 2012

Naja Utzon Popov Carpets

A couple of days ago I posted about my desire for a carpet that isn't used as a kitty skateboard. This carpet by Naja Utzon Popov {seen at this year's ICFF} is also on my dream carpet list. It's made of wool from New Zealand {which is where you want your wool from, not a place with rainy and dry seasons.  This is why cheap wool carpets shed a lot, the change from wet to dry climate makes the wool brittle in spots and likely to break}.

These carpets are sculpted wool so the edges of all the fuschia leaves are carved by hand and I believe some also have silk. I did take some time to pet the carpet and it was super soft.


So beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Wool carpet, I love!! This carpet will definitely transform the living room into a nice cozy place!

    And about my photo shoot, did I mention I took more than 50 photos on that day and only about 6 pictures look decent enough to share and the rest, I don't even know how many pictures either have my head cut off or my feet LOL

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend :)

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...