Monday, June 11, 2012

Kips Bay Showhouse - Thom Filicia

I know it's taken me three weeks to get my Kips Bay photos together and online but here is the first room.  This was my favorite room in all of the Kips Bay Showhouse and it was a pass-through space by Thom Filicia.  I have to admit to not knowing much about him other than seeing him now and again on that show he was on a long time ago and that he has a line of fabrics at Kravet that I always want to use for myself.


The room coordinates beautifully with both the adjacent room and adjacent corridor {not really with the entry or other room but 2 out of 4's not bad}.  The colors are dark and dramatic but the high gloss ceiling and the white accents add places for the eye to rest.

The puddling drapery framing the openings to the adjacent rooms looks more elegant with the wide band of silk on the leading and bottom edges.




The fabrics, carpet and most of the furniture and accessories are from Thom Filicia's own line for Safavieh which, while not crazy expensive, is fairly high in price.  So, as promised, I prepared a more affordable look inspired by this room.



Fabric: Manlius Teal by Thom Filicia for Kravet and Thai Silk Dupioni by Vogue Fabrics {silk is very easy to find locally}
Chair: Fleming Chair by Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams.  Some barrel cane chairs painted white would also fit well in this space.
Paint: Cat's Eye by Benjamin Moore or Shamrock Shores by Mythic Paint
Console: Peek-a-Boo Clear Console by CB2
Light: Glo Pendant by Z Gallerie
Framed Sketches: Albert Hadley or use some from your favorite designer.  You can always draw or trace your own.
Round Table: Silverado Round Table by CB2
Botanical Print: Educational Print by Vintage Printables

4 comments:

  1. Wow! It certainly does make an impact! I think the rug is definitely my favourite item in the room but I particularly love the Fleming chair you found to match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thom Felicia has such a great design aesthetic. I really like your room for less picks.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous place! I like how you prepared the more affordable collage!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...