Friday, May 18, 2012

The Weekend

It's finally here!  I'm planning on wandering on over to both the ICFF and the Kip's Bay Showhouse over the weekend, and I guarantee you'll see so many photos from these places that you'll beg me to stop.  I think last year my ICFF photos alone kept me going through August.


I love this building with it's gross mottled red tiles {which I think are kind of great}, the gray brick, and the fairly simple but dramatic lintels {the stones above the windows}.  Last time I was in Little Italy I took some photos of the buildings on a couple corners from all streets and angles so my father could identify which building my great grandmother lived in when he was young.  This is it!  Too bad they weren't the buying type, it has great views of the Manhattan Bridge.

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. It's good to be back even on a p/t basis for now. I know what you mean about the price/quality disconnect at Anthro but they do have some really great sales. Well at least they used to. I did see the KS sale. the trench I was coveting is discounted but I'm not sold on the flared skirt. If it was a straight cut I would've pounced on it already lol.

    Congrats on actually making it to ep. 11 of Fashion King. My friends dropped it at around 6 or 7. I have to say K2H is one of the better dramas I've watched lately. The writing is generally pretty tight and the acting and supporting cast are outstanding. We're on the home stretch. It ends next week. I'll miss seeing LSG every week hehe.

    I meant to tell you that we went to Hangawi last month and it was good but not great so you might not be missing much. Enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend and have fun at the ICFF and Kip's Bay Showhouse!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those red tiles really dress the place up. I love this idea.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a character! Love this picture angle! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! What a spectacular building! I love the detailing over the windows! The red tiles are so unexpected!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...