Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Urban Station

I know I sometimes get stir crazy when I'm working on projects on my own at home.  I've noticed a rise in common office spaces where you rent a desk by the day/hour or more.  It's a great thing for people who like being around other when they are working but are tired of sitting in coffee shops where there may or may not be outlets for your laptop.

I found this Urban Station, designed by Total Tool, on Dezeen.  And, while commuting to Buenos Aries wouldn't be possible from here, I would love to have a place like this around.

photos by Sergio Esmoris via Dezeen

Parts of the office are like a coffee shop, with soft seating and window seating.

photos by Sergio Esmoris via Dezeen

photos by Sergio Esmoris via Dezeen

photos by Sergio Esmoris via Dezeen

I would be here.


photos by Sergio Esmoris via Dezeen

photos by Sergio Esmoris via Dezeen

Has anyone actually worked in one of these communal offices?

8 comments:

  1. Very cool! I'd love to just hang out there!! xo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... I would take some ideas if I could :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those yellow lights are really cool!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this before - what an interesting concept. I wonder how many / if any of these type places are in my area...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even heard of this so nope I've never worked in a communal office! Yes, country crock is still around, there are now 3 different versions...even a lite version :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a beautiful office/coffee shop!! I wish there was one like this in Vancouver cause I will in it 24/7 bloggping :)

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'd love to work in a place like this! so pretty and mod! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...