Tuesday, May 29, 2012

D'Espresso - Sideways Coffee

Desperate for both a drink {it was hot and, as far as I could tell, no one on Madison Avenue on the Upper East Side sells coffee} and a place to wash my hands, I stumbled out of the subway station and into this sideways coffee shop near Grand Central.

via New York Times


There are walls of herringbone wood flooring, a floor and walls of 'books', and pendant lights hung from the wall as if it was the ceiling.  Surprisingly they also fit a teensy bathroom with a impossibly small Cosmic sink for impossibly small bathrooms.

This is the same sink from a MOMA exhibit back in 2009, not from D'Espresso.

The sink measures 7 1/2" x 16 inches {20x40 cm}.  It is just large enough for a stream of water and is perfect for bathrooms that take the term 'water closet' literally.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool decor elements in the shop (and efficient use of space in the washroom!)Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this place but the look of it is really neat. I wonder if it would make me feel slightly discombobulated though. I remember that teeny sink from the MoMa cause I thought it was for a child hehe.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...