Thursday, May 24, 2012

Anthropologie Window Display - Under the Sea

Last week I posted a single image of an Anthropologie window display.  This week I'm back with the whole series of windows.  This time the windows are all about the ocean.

Some barnacles and seaweed.



These seem to be made of tissue paper and coffee filters.  This is also a great treatment for fabric - dip dyed.


A school of fish in a huge swirl.



They seem to be made of that strange styrofoam sheet that comes around electronic equipment, but I couldn't tell for certain since I'm sure they would have disapproved if I walked into the display to take a look.


And the last windows are also filled with seaweed and barnacles of a different sort.


Plastic seaweed.


This is a different view of the part I showed last week.  Coffee filters and paper wrapped cardboard, all with a bit of paint.


Through it all there was a view of the Prudential building {one of the three tall buildings in Boston - here's a view of the second}.  I did manage to keep it out of most of the photos this time.

9 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! I wish I was this creative with coffee filters and bits of plastic! Anthropologie usually do some of my favourite window displays and this is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The barnacles are really pretty. It's seems like it would be an awesome DIY. Is this the Anthro on 3rd in the 70's?

    I can't tell you how good it is to be almost normal again. The herbs are so gross. The pot I've been using to boil my meds will probably have to be retired cause I think the odor is just ingrained now. Oh my I can't believe you've been on a restricted diet for over a year. I had a hard time with just a month. No fruits whatsoever was the toughie O_o It's awful that no doctor has been able to help you. That can be really frustrating :( I hope this "witch doctor" can figure it out. I've been going to an herbal doctor that my grandmother sent me to. It was freaky how he "saw" what was wrong with me just by feeling my pulse. He keeps saying that the pulse is a like map to the body.

    I find the sales at J. Crew stores are generally better than online but the thing is who has the time to constantly keep watch for sales. I stopped by a store yesterday and they had some flats for $69.99 w/ an addtl 30% off. There were some cute styles too.

    Enjoy the long weekend Jeanine!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the one on Newbury St in Boston. I did get some pictures of the one in Rockefeller Center last weekend for later since it was different.

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty. I wonder if the Anthro windows in my area are the same (will have to go look)
    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous window display! For some reason the anthro in downtown has mostly hardwood floors, with just a coloured back drop, nothing this elaborate! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Este blog esta lleno de detalles de buen gusto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love Anthropologie's window displays.. so creative and inspirational..

    ReplyDelete
  7. like the post... so many cute windows...
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...