Monday, April 2, 2012

Thrifting :: Consignment Edition

Over the weekend I stopped in one of my favorite consignment shops. I was able to walk out the door empty handed but it was a bit difficult.

These pint-sized Thonet chairs are adorable. They were priced a bit high for their condition {in my opinion} but cute nonetheless.


I liked this set of vintage nightstands that had a matching dresser - I love the little ring pull especially.  They would be cute as end tables as well.


I really want this mirror to come home with me someday.  Perhaps for my birthday or if it's still there when the price drops as low as possible.  I play that game all the time and in thrift and consignment shops and I generally lose.  It's just a mirror though.


I thought these were cute with lucite being so popular these days.  It's lucite that's acceptable for boys {and also little girls who love cars}!  Each piece that has a car actually rotates so there are a bunch of configurations, someone just happened to have pushed them all together.  Perhaps a small child who was bored and trying to figure out how to liberate the cars.


Has anyone else stumbled upon a great thrifted find lately?

9 comments:

  1. The mirror is really, really nice! Don't wait - it might disappear soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You aren't helping my will power! ;)

      Delete
  2. It looks like this shop was full of goodies. I am long overdue for a trip to a thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds, love the mirror.. they have amazing potential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this shop! Really nice things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only been to a thrift store once...and left about 5 minutes into it from sneezing...non-stop. These are some awesome finds, and those chairs require a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, the shops where the dust is flying have the best stuff if you can brave them.

      Delete
  6. Love the mirror! I love stopping by thrift stores and imagining transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love to rummage through thrift stores. Wish I could do it more often. Love the nightstand and the mirror!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...