Monday, March 12, 2012

Surgical Strike

Over the weekend, I found myself in desperate need of some new clothes.  I like looking at clothes and seeing what's out there but I don't actually like selecting and shopping for clothes myself.  I sometimes wish it was okay to wear jeans and a t-shirt to work {with a cardigan in the winter, of course}, but sadly it isn't always possible.  When I do have to go clothes shopping, I look online for possible clothes and then plan my route, including parking in the closest door to stores I am visiting if the mall is involved.

Saturday I went in without a plan, not in my surgical strike mode.  The only thing I knew was that I wanted something other than black, gray and navy since that is basically what I own.  I ordered a shirt that I don't actually remember but it's red, white and black {that color combination always reminds me of Claudia from The Babysitter's Club.  Am I the only one who still has this problem?}.  And I found these flats that make me very happy since they are striped!  I only have to figure out how to keep the white part clean. 

via J. Crew



I think they come in heels for those with more coordination than I have.

via J. Crew

They are a bit on the pricey side, but they are made in Italy so I'm okay with that.  I really love that J. Crew sells shoes made in Italy but I'm hoping the whole shoe is made there, and it's not just where the bow was sewn on.  A few years ago, I read the book, Deluxe: How Luxury Lost It's Luster, It's definitely worth reading if you haven't yet.  It will change the way you view clothing and labels.

6 comments:

  1. Love these! Although I am a bit of a flat shoe addict...I don't really wear heels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to be methodical when I have to shop as well so as to do it quickly and efficiently. Those flats are really cute! I have a total weakness for J. Crew shoes.

    I have one more ep. of BVS. Was sick over the weekend so I couldn't watch much. I know what you mean about the female lead. I didn't care much for her either. I don't think they had much chemistry. My next drama will be The King 2 Hearts. I'm really hoping Dramafever will be showing it. Dreadful name but Lee Seung Gi is in it and he's my fave :)

    rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sounds like you have shopping down to a science! I am a flats all day long kind of gal- these are super cute. I also find myself lately trying to break out of the grey, navy, black, white routine. J.Crew has a signal red that I am currently liking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaa..I love your reference to the Babysitters Club! Those shoes are super cute!!! I am like you, I like looking at things, but I have a hard time actually buying clothes! Sounds like you were successful though!! xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before you wear these, I would suggest spraying them with an all purpose spray, that you can purchase from DsW or from Kiwi. This is a stain and water resistant spray that will keep the white on the stripes clean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, nice post :)
    Love your blog! Maybe we can follow each other? <3

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...