Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Snog

So, last week I posted about my dislike of Yuckberry.  For those who were worried, there weren't rats running around the store or a fingernail in my food.  I just can't stand yogurt.  I will only eat it if it's frozen and has a LOT of sugar in it and I rarely ever do that. 



For those who haven't been, it's basically Danon yogurt thrown in the freezer but you'll pay $6.00 and get tons of attitude along with a couple of stale toppings.  I guess I didn't read all the information about the fact that it was tart yogurt and was sucked in by the cute exterior and the Le Klint pendant lights in the window so I visited with my sister-in-law a couple of years ago.  We wound up cheering each other on as we both choked down our yogurt since neither of us could stand to throw away something so expensive {relatively at least - I've had lunches in Manhattan that were cheaper}.  I'm pretty sure neither of us will be back.  Ever.  I know they won't miss us though since, in general, people seem to love this place.

Snog, designed by Cinimod Studio, seems like a different story.  They have a cute little shop that would make me want to visit but they also put sugar in their yogurt to hide the sour taste {agave but really it's sugar}.  It's bright and colorful and has color changing LED ball lights on the ceiling.  Some of the interior concepts are similar though - long benches with tiny stools and tables are found in both.

via Dezeen

via Dezeen

via Dezeen

This is cute, it's too bad those black lights aren't white but you can pretend they aren't there....

via Dezeen

via Dezeen

This one is located in Soho and when I originally saw this in a design magazine I thought they meant NY but it's in the UK so no trip for me is in the near future.  It would be neat to see though.  Has anyone been?  It seems like it would be hard to be in a bad mood after even just walking by.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for clearing up the reason why you dislike Yuckberry. I'm not a fan of fro-yo myself so I get where you're coming from. The design of Snog is so cute. I really like the pink walls and the ball lights. Too bad they're only in the UK but then they are called Snog which is not US slang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snog have a great brand - I have so many friends who love it in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to pinkberry we have one in the city but I never go there for some odd reason! Now let's talk about snog. OMG...that place is really fab! I cannot believe it the interior decor is amazing!

    To answer your question, all of my F21 rings that I like to wear frequently have become 'rose' gold so I bought a set of rose gold bangles from F21 to match them. HAHA! I know I am crazy and that is a money pit store..no refunds..on exchange or merch credit :) And we keep goin back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. will definitely pay this place a little visit when i'm thee in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been but it's going on my list, soon as the weather warms up a bit...which should be soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was reading this thinking 'that looks like the Soho one'! I have been, it's delicious! Great place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so good to hear people like Snog. I'll have to put it on my list of places to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...