Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wynwood Kitchen & Bar, Miami

Since it feels like spring, I've been obsessed with cleaning and organizing. Currently I'm focusing on digital cleanups - I've deleted over 200 GB of duplicate files on my external hard drive and worked on organizing it, finally got my google reader subscriptions down to a manageable number, made backups of old digital photos and am now going through my half-completed blog posts and getting them posted!  This post on the Wynwood Kitchen & Bar has been sitting around since the summer so I figure it's time to hit the publish button already.

I think what I love most about this restaurant is that although the furniture used is all very well thought out but the focus is really all about the artwork.

via Interior Design

I love this mural, especially the colors.

via Interior Design

via Interior Design

I guess it's pretty obvious that Shepard Fairey was here.  His work makes regular appearances around the Boston area although last time I was in Fort Point I noticed one of his newer murals was gone.

via Interior Design

My favorite spaces are in the two images below.  I love the furniture and really like both the scrolling floral and the tiled flowers of the mural in the top image.

via Interior Design

via Interior Design

via High Snobiety

To see more artwork of the Wynwood Walls, there are a few 360° tours here {if you get rid of the ad on the bottom of the screen, you can navigate to different tours}.

2 comments:

  1. Way to get an early start on your Spring cleaning! All the artwork here looks amazing. That first mural is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that place... i can hardly wait for another artwalk to head over there and have some fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...