Thursday, February 2, 2012

Red Velvet Sofa

I'm like a kid at Christmas these days.  On this coming Tuesday, it will have been 8 weeks since I dropped my sofa off at the prison and I can't wait to get it back.  I literally check my email every single hour.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the chocolate brown velvet I chose.  However, when I saw Daphne Guinness's sofa, I couldn't help but think how great my sofa would have looked in a red velvet.

via Architectural Digest {photographer: Thomas Loof}

Oh, and if you have $14 million you can buy this apartment, it's for sale.  Perhaps I should start checking the curb in case the sofa is left there during the move??

7 comments:

  1. Haha congrats on your sofa being released from "prison"! I hope we'll get to some pics :) That red looks spectacular but I'm sure your chocolate brown will be just as wonderful. I get the whole rethinking your color choice. We have a grey sofa and about a month after, I was siting on it and thinking why the heck did I choose a pigeon colored sofa?! I fear/loathe pigeons so this made me crazy for awhile but I'm over it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably be taking pictures at the prison I'll be so happy! My fingers are crossed that the wood looks nice with the brown velvet but I like to live dangerously with my own furniture.

    I'm so sorry about your pigeon sofa, gray is a nice color though so maybe you can think of it as another animal like a bunny?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a beautiful piece... have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Anita & Punctuation Mark. I hope you had a great weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the velvet here, the blue chair and that piece above are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...