Friday, February 24, 2012

A Couple of Friday Images

I finally rescued my sofa from my parent's car and brought it inside.  I played around with the colors in the photo a bit to try to get it closer to real life but it's still a bit more washed out than it actually looks.  I still have to work on the wood and fix/restain it but that is for some time in the future when I feel up to tackling all that carved wood.


I'm really happy with the job that was done.  It's very good for a sofa someone learned how to upholster on and certainly 1,000 times better than I could have done.  The cushion still smells like latex a bit, but now that the cushion/sofa isn't wrapped in plastic the smell has gone down a lot {I'm super sensitive to smells and no one else has noticed it}.  The worst thing is that my sofa is noticeably heavier than it was due to the change in cushion type from foam to latex.  One of the things I loved about my sofa was how light it was but I will just have to stop moving it so much I guess....

I may take an indoor picture of the sofa at some point, but that will probably not be until I move and get a few more things completed.  That will hopefully sometime at the beginning of the summer.  In the meantime, I've been sanding down my cane chairs to get them finished.

Earlier this week I had to make a trip to the RMV to pay my car registration since I didn't send it in on time and on the way home I saw this:


I laughed so hard I forgot to slow down so I had to double back to take a picture.  I guess polka dots are really a big trend!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! It looks fantastic! You should be happy. This sofa has great lines and the brown velvet adds a real richness and elegance. The exterior of that house is too funny! Someone really likes their polka dots. It is cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those polka dots are fantastic!!! i love people with a good sense of humor! hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks R - I know it still has some work to be done but I'm happy with it so far.

    The dots are super funny. They have a good enough sense of humor that one side was stars.....

    I hope your weekends are going well too!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...