Monday, February 27, 2012

Artwork

I've been crazy stressed out these last few weeks.  I'm waiting on decisions and, of course, I would like the decision to be the one I want so I've been restless and wanting to do something but not actually wanting to do anything specific.  Basically it boils down to a lot of nervous energy and loose ends that need to be tied up.  Posts this week will be shortish and pulled from pictures I have floating around.  I hope you still find them interesting! 

One thing that helped was a snowy morning last Friday - even if what you see below is all that actually stuck around for more than a few seconds.

 
The last few months, I have found myself saving pictures of artwork I find here and there.  I have no idea the artist for any of these but I love them nonetheless.

I found this one at a Design Center showroom this summer.  I think to the right is a card with a description and the artist so I could probably track it down if I needed to.


The next two are from Dramas so some of you may recognize them.  On both of them, I love their simplicity.

These first paintings are colorful and fairly simple but looking closely they are filled with details like the shading.


I find the bowl artwork below very interesting.  It's gridwork and repetition appeals to the side of me that wants order.  

My very first drawing class was with an artist who looked like a math teacher but once he opened his mouth and started talking about art, you knew he wasn't {we spent all semester trying to get him to describe our projects as delicious, that was the ultimate complement}.  He very politely described my final project as "millions of tiny little lines" and, although he claimed it was well done, I could tell it wasn't crazy enough for him since he spent most of the semester trying to get me to see that the red brick library was really hot pink or magenta.  I'm not sure what he would have said about this one below with it's grid, simplicity, and lack of vibrant color, but I love it.


Am I the only one who saves images like this hoping one day I'll know who the artist is?

3 comments:

  1. I am in desperate need of more artwork seeing as how I have, well, none.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your stress will lessen soon. I also get restless when waiting on decisions to be made. Wow you guys actually got a little snow. It was all rain in NYC.

    Which dramas are these from? The first one looks familiar but I can't place it. Is it that Princess one? I didn't watch that one cause I didn't like any of these actors. The grid piece is very visually interesting and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow you, I hope you follow me too!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...