Friday, January 6, 2012

Thrift Store Chair Upgrade

I found a new thrift shop the other day after a friend recommendation I check it out.  I accidentally went to a different shop than she recommended since she didn't know the name, only the city, and only one showed up in my search.  It wound up being a happy accident since they had such great items and were soooooooooo cheap {plus they donate some of their profits to different charities which is a bonus}.

I really liked this teapot.  I had to dig in my bag for enough change to get what I was getting so this didn't come home with me but I keep thinking about it.  I typically heat up my tea water in a small sauce pan, so an enamel teapot would be welcomed.  Plus, it was $2.


These small floral lamps were kind of sweet.  I would probably take a can of spray paint to them to make them less sweet and more modern.  I would definitely change out the shades.


I could definitely see them in the color combination of this Anthropologie vase.

via Anthropologie

Or even this one {I didn't have this one in mind until I opened the site to find the vase above}.

via Anthropologie

Then there was this chair.  I'm definitely concerned about becoming a furniture hoarder but this chair is still calling my name.


It's pretty sad looking as it is, but with a little elbow grease it could be great and perhaps a boxier version of the design center chair below.  I worry about my lack of elbow grease and my over-abundance of 'good intentions' though.


I've been trying to decide what goals to set for 2012 and perhaps finishing up projects {some, like my sofa and my cane chairs have had some progress made} should be one of my priorities.  I'm so good about helping others with projects but my own tend to be left by the wayside.  I'll have to change that.

Happy thrifting!

3 comments:

  1. That teapot is such an amazing find! $2 was a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That teapot is so cute. Can't believe it was only $2! I love browsing thrift shops but unfortunately I don't quite have the creativity to re-imagine new looks for old items.
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my photography. It made my day :) Have lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAD - Thanks! I agree. I hope it's there when I go back on Monday!

    rolala - I can reimagine thrift shop finds but I can't take a good photograph to save my life like you can. :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...