Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Taiwan Noodle House

Golucci Interior Architects via Contemporist {Photography: Sun Xiangyu}

I recently pinned the above image of the restaurant, Taiwan Noodle House, by Golucci Interior Architects, and was intrigued so I set about finding more about this place.

Golucci Interior Architects via Contemporist {Photography: Sun Xiangyu}

It's a fairly simple restaurant that makes use of repetition of a few objects to make the design.  Blue and white bowls and plates {as seen above}, chopsticks over the communal table...

Golucci Interior Architects via Contemporist {Photography: Sun Xiangyu}

Golucci Interior Architects via Contemporist {Photography: Sun Xiangyu}

...and Tom Dixon lighting grouped over the more private seating areas.

Golucci Interior Architects via Contemporist {Photography: Sun Xiangyu}

The restaurant has a sort of simple Japanese meets Scandinavian feeling to it with the clean look, natural wood millwork, and furniture.

I couldn't find an actual address for this other than Beijing so if anyone knows, please drop a note and I'll update it.

3 comments:

  1. The decor using the bowls/plates and chopsticks is so artful and apt. I esp. like the design created with the chopsticks. The seating layout reminds me of a cafeteria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am in love with the wall of plates. I have an obession with blue and white porcelain and this is amazing.


    www.idesignlove.com

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...