Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Palihotel - LA

I haven't been to LA in forever. Longer than forever really. I don't actually remember much about it so I can't speak to Palihotel's claim that this hotel "reflects the dynamic cultural residential and commercial history of Melrose Avenue."  Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't.

I can say that there are a few areas of this new hotel {opening February 1st} that caught my eye.

via Palihotel

I LOVE this floor. The giant hexagonal tiles are quite nice and not often seen.

via Palihotel

Their art wall is interesting and includes a liberal number of "instant ancestors".  This term is what I use for portraits people pick up at thrift shops and flea markets and hang on their wall {do other people use this too?}.  I'm not sure what it is called in a hotel where no one would be pretending to be related but I do like the collected look of this wall.

via Palihotel

Again here is the floor tile {you can see it better} and I also LOVE this wall tile and the channel tufted bench looks comfy.  This is from what will be the restaurant so, while I'm assuming it will have tables in front of this bench at some point, I could totally be wrong.

via Palihotel

5 comments:

  1. The design of this hotel is quite Interesting. It doesn't adhere to any distinct scheme of decor yet it somehow works. Looks like it could be a fun place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. rolala - I agree. I think the reason I like things is they aren't the usual bland hotel design.

    anita - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want these rooms to be in my house.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh love this! It's so unusual! I love the mixture of finishes and textures - and I agree, I think it would be an awesome place to stay!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...