Friday, January 13, 2012

New Pillow Fabric

While I'm anxiously waiting for my sofa to be reupholstered, I have been searching through my fabric scraps and pillow covers to see what I have that will work with the new sofa fabric.  I have this amazing red cotton velveteen that works well with the Robert Allen floral I have to make draperies {someday}.  It's super soft, though not as soft as the navy blue cotton velvet I have, and will look nice against the brown sofa fabric.


I also picked up some pillow covers a while ago made out of the Romo fabric.  I was so sad when I found out the fabric had been discontinued.  Not too long after, I found these pillows on Etsy and was happy again.  The flowers were red instead of the orange I had originally wanted but that turned out to be a good thing.

via Ellie - B Designs on Etsy

It was good because I have the aforementioned velveteen.  No, I wouldn't put those pillows with the drapery fabric but it will still need to work with the Romo pillows.  I'm so indecisive about what I actually want things to look like {probably due to being exposed to so many beautiful fabrics} and I'm thinking of finding some fabrics to make a "winter" set so I can have a different feeling in the living room for the winter.  In addition, apartments in the Boston area tend to be old and have super drafty windows.  I would be able to line one set of draperies to keep out some of the winter cold.   So, I'm thinking I might make a long lumbar pillow or a bolster of some sort out of the red velveteen that can stay year round. 


And, because that wasn't enough, it also works well with the scrap of Sanderson Maia fabric I have in my scrap pile.  Enough for me to make a pillow.  Sadly, I forgot to pick up some cording material to make a welt around the edge last time I was at the fabric shop but I'll get it when I go back.  I need to find some nice quality inserts eventually to so this pillow will probably wait until I have that accomplished to get the measurements perfect.


I love how the birds look like they are almost unfinished sketches of birds.


Hopefully someday soon I'll get this all pulled together.  I may decide I'm too cheap for two sets of curtains or wind up with a place too small to store them.  I have time now to decide though so I'll figure it out.

Someday.

4 comments:

  1. The floral and bird fabric you want to make a pillow from is so pretty. I like that it has abit of an Asian feel. It's cool reading about your visualizations for what to do with your fabric scraps. I have some collected from working at Schumacher that are still sitting in a box. Btw if you ever need any tips on where to eat in NYC feel free to drop me a line :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working at Schumacher must have been fun, they have such great fabrics! I will take you up on places to eat, the only place I really want to try is Slice {I think that's what it's called} but other than that I have no idea....Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your fabric choices are gorgeous! I can't wait to see how that pillow turns out :)

    xoxo, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I hope I can figure out how to get a hidden zipper in the thick fabric....

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...