Friday, December 2, 2011

Anthropologie Displays - Christmas DIY Inspiration

I have been in lock-down mode until I get a few things done {none of which I really want to do, hence the lock-down} but the other weekend I was early to meet some people in Boston and wandered into the Anthropologie store in the Back Bay.


They had a ton of displays inside and most of them could be good DIY projects if you are so inclined.  The display above could be done simply by sticking a bunch of straws {with some glue} into styrofoam balls.  If you love the environment or are morally opposed to styrofoam, I bet you could sew all the ends together somehow, but don't quote me on that.


This is a terrible, terrible picture but I only had my cell phone with me and apparently I also had a good case of the shakes.  It's a bronzy, coppery circle garland that is super easy to make if you have a sewing machine and like cutting circles or have one of these.  This tutorial will show you how to sew them together, they do it in felt but paper works just the same.  If you can't sew you can use stickers.  I'm sure there are a million more ways to make them but these make the most sense to me.


I love these tiles on the stairs.  I've seen them somewhere else, I'm sure of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...