Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Girl

At home I have bunny ears and a digital converter box for my television which makes for some pretty annoying tv watching I must say, so I usually watch most of my shows online. I managed to get myself a pretty nasty cold and the work that I was supposed to be doing gave me a headache so I decided to catch up on shows {which I usually 'watch' on a tiny window on my computer when I'm doing other things}.  Since I wasn't multi-tasking today, I happened to notice this bedroom on New Girl


It's super cute, so while I was lying around recovering and avoiding work that made my head hurt, I decided to do fun things that made my head hurt like putting together rooms inspired by this bedroom.

The first version is closest to the original bedroom but I liked the blue side cabinet instead of red, there are some red in the second version and all three of these are pretty mix and match. 


The Original Version sources:
Crystalin Paint: Mythic
Red and Pink Herringbone Pillow: Pillowhappy
Hand Painted Wood Cabinet: Horchow
Thomas Paul Oology Pillow: Layla Grace
Sort Sol Lamp Base: Anthropologie
Sheridan Linen Embroidery in Crimson: F. Schumacher
Telephone Illustration Print - Virginia Kraljevic
The Tomato Curtain Print - Virginia Kraljevic
Gustavian Bed: Viva Terra


The second version leans a bit toward the spice colors.  I really did like the fabric though so I grabbed some other items to go in the mix.




The Spice Version sources:
Crystalin Paint: Mythic
Tole Lamps: Matters of Style Marketplace or chandelier from Craigslist {for those in MA}
Thomas Paul Ornithology Pillow in Aqua: Layla Grace
Yellow Silk Velvet Ikat Pillow: Sukan
Fox Illustration on Vintage Book Page: Pink Glitter Fae
Girl With Red Umbrella Illustration: Pink Glitter Fae
Red Chests: 1st Dibs or lower priced Red Bombe Chest: Pottery Barn
Spring Estate Fabric in Ember: Robert Allen
Gustavian Bed: Viva Terra


The next is a bit more modern and slightly less girly {mostly because it's minus the tole lamps and some of the pom-pom pillows and the lighting is sleeker and more modern}.  This one is probably my favorite.



The Modern Version sources:
Bocci Three Pendant Chandelier: Lumens
Red Turkish Tulu Kilim Pillow Cover: Sukan
Blue Geometric Bead Cushion: Lopa Mudra Home Decor
Gustavian Bed: Viva Terra
Mini Glo-Ball Wall Light: Conran Shop
Red Grasscloth Parsons Table: Bungalow 5
Kiku Fabric in Scarlet, Chocolate and Maize: Harlequin
The Secret Print: Blancucha
Emerald City Paint: Mythic


For all, the brick texture is from !Hero-wanted at Deviant Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...