Monday, August 15, 2011

Fabric Hoarding

So I recently found a local shop that has super cheap fabrics that are actually worth buying {there are plenty of places where it's hit or miss and usually I miss, but this one so far has been good}.

I stalled for 2 weeks before finally going back and buying this blue floral Robert Allen fabric.  It's a bit more serious that I usually go for but I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I bought 12 yards thinking I would use it for drapery in my new place {and once I get my sofa reupholstered} and the whole 12 yards cost about the same as a pair of drapery panels from West Elm.


I got to thinking about what I would put with this fabric if I did buy it and realized I just happened to have a yard of this yellow chevron fabric for pillow covers should I want them.  For the price I can afford to have a set of winter draperies and summer draperies, which is good since I have some pillow fabric I'm dying to use that totally doesn't go with this.  This is where my fabric hoarding tendencies come in. 

The other fabrics are these Romo fabric memos that I've had forever thinking I'd buy some actual fabrics some day since I lovethemsoverymuch.  Unfortunately, while I've been making up my mind to get them {they are super expensive} they have been busy discontinuing the line so unless Romo has a secret stash they want to sell {or donate} to me, I'm working with two small pieces.  I thought it would go nicely with this houndstooth fabric that was in my pile {yes, you will see me on tv soon}. 

I know this is a terrible photo and I need to wash/iron these fabrics.

If that's not enough, I also bought a few yards of this Dwell Studio fabric because they had it, it was super cheap, and I've always liked it.  It may go on a chair but I'm not sure.  Not the best strategy for a fabric purchase but I'll find a use for it, I hope.


{photos: #1&2 - jeanine, #3 - Calico Corners}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...