Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kips Bay Showhouse - The Library

The library, designed by Celerie Kemble, was a bit more traditional than I usually like.  A lot of that is probably due to the fact that they left the original paneling on the walls.  There were quite a few things about the room I liked {this is one of the great things about a showhouse, there are usually a ton of different styles in the house to enjoy}.

This vignette of the sofa area and the bookshelves with the artwork hanging from the shelving was my favorite part of the room.  The dark woodwork is lightened up with interior of the bookshelves, cream fabrics and carpet.


The lucite coffee table with the different levels is interesting and adds a more modern feel to the room.


I also like the pattern on the drapery valance.


{photos: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...