Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kips Bay Showhouse - The Porches

I think one of the best parts of the Kips Bay Showhouse this year is the porches.  In particular, the fourth floor porches, which were designed by Robert Stilin & Gunn Landscape Architecture.  I spent a good amount of time in one of the covered areas {it rained lightly for a second and I made myself at home} and it was one of the nicest parts of my day.  At four floors up and facing a small outdoor garden it seemed quiet and relaxing. 

Just look at the giant comfy bench on the side.


And the view if you look up.


The street-side porch was a bit narrower and didn't have the nice covered areas the larger porch did, but it had plenty of greenery and seating so you can people-watch.



I think if I had a few million dollars burning a hole in my pocket I would seriously consider buying this place for the porches alone.

{photos: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...