Saturday, October 23, 2010

Giant Baby Heads

Boston is a tiny, tiny city in comparison to New York, LA and Montreal {and probably tons and tons of others}.  It's also pedestrian scale - it's walkable and for the most part the buildings are fairly low.

Lately, I've been noticing giant things invading Boston - funny giant things.  A few months ago it was the giant hammock on the greenway.

This fall I began taking a 3d computer modeling class at Massachusetts College of Art.  The Fenway area isn't my favorite part of Boston but I have to say that the giant baby heads, by Spanish artist Antonio López García, I pass on the way to class make it worth the trip.



It's kind of hard to tell the scale in this photo but they are about 8 feet high by 5 feet wide, taller than me or any of the people I've seen posing by them for photos.  More information is here.

{photos: jeanine}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...